Mindful Eating Workshop
Sunday April 23rd, 2017
2:00pm – 4:00pm
Higher Health Yoga (register online here)
Cost: $40 Higher Health Member | $50 Non Member
Mindfulness is a practice of becoming fully engaged in the present moment, without judgement. It is a chance to stop and savour life as it is happening. We observe things just as they are and become fully absorbed in the “now,” as opposed to the past or future. One of the best ways to practice mindfulness is by doing something that we all engage in multiple times per day already: eating! When was the last time you ate without distraction, fully present for each bite of food? Practicing mindful eating involves simply appreciating your food and becoming aware of the sensory experience of eating. Eating can be a form of meditation that connects you to your body, improves your digestive health, and allows you to slow down and savour each bite with joy and gratitude. Join yoga instructor, Food Studies teacher, and Culinary Nutrition Expert, Brooke McMillan to learn about the benefits of mindful eating and try a variety of mindful eating techniques and practices you can incorporate into your life.
“Eating is a chance to return to the present moment and stop the rushing and the planning.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
*Please advise Higher Health of any allergies or special dietary needs when registering for this workshop. Participants are asked to please bring their own mug from home.
COMING SUMMER 2017!
Private Cooking Class: $50/hour
- Build your own customized class to become confident with the cooking skills and recipes that you most want to learn. You’re never too young or old to learn to cook or try something new! I have experience teaching all ages and experience levels.
- Options to hold the class in your own home or in my home kitchen
- Great for individuals, families or small casual groups
- Price does not include cost of ingredients for classes of more than 2 people
Public Cooking Demo: $100/hour
- Work with me to create a customized cooking demonstration or talk for your event, workshop, market, etc. The variety of recipes and topics are only limited by your imagination.
- Price does not include cost of ingredients or supplies
7-day Meal Plan Package: $100
- This meal plan will be completely customized to you. It will consider your individual dietary needs and personal food preferences
- Includes delicious recipes for all meals
Grocery List for Meal Plan: $20
- Includes a detailed, organized grocery list for the week to shop for the recipes in your meal plan, and recommendations for brands and where to buy certain ingredients in Fort McMurray
1-hour Grocery Store Tour: $100
- Learn how to shop for your health (nutrition myth busting and making sense of food marketing)
- Learn strategies for saving money on groceries and shopping healthy on a budget
Book a Class, Workshop, or Culinary Nutrition Service:
*Note: all prices are Canadian dollars
If you’re interested in learning more about the Academy of Culinary Nutrition or becoming a Culinary Nutrition Expert, check out the ACN Website!